Saturday, July 13, 2013

New Eucalyptus + Spearmint Soap

Freshly made soap, ready to place on the curing racks.




















This summer we introduced a limited edition Eucalyptus + Spearmint soap, and we were so wowed by the response that we decided to add it to our regular Artisan line.   

I wanted to up the game a little though, and wanted to make sure I was using the very best variety of eucalyptus I could find for this application, so I bought and tested a bunch grown in different places around the world.  I settled on Eucalyptus Blue Mallee from Australia.  The scent is amazing! Crisp, camphorous without being too medicinal, woody.... Ahh.  :)  Blended with my favorite spearmint--a first cutting spring mint grown and distilled in the Pacific Northwest, the final scent of the soap is really invigorating.  

I also wanted to jazz up the soap's design by adding some layers and brightening the colors.  The dark dotted line between around the white layer is finely crushed dried spearmint leaves.  I love the way it accentuates the layers!

I hope you like the new version!  The soaps are curing and will be available in early August.

No comments:

Post a Comment