Monday, July 8, 2013

Advanced Soap Maker Certification

I just learned that I earned my Advanced Soap Maker certification through the Handcrafted Soap and Cosmetics Guild (HSCG), and I'm really excited!

The HSCG is an international trade organization for companies that manufacture handcrafted soap and cosmetics. The certification program ensures quality in the handcrafted products members of the HSCG manufacture.  The Advanced Certification process includes passing a written exam, and creating a soap (along with supporting calculations and documentation) for analysis.

I've been a member of the Guild for several years, and as my company has grown, I've felt that obtaining certification was becoming more and more important to provide a certain level of assurance to my customers and prospective customers that my products are well made and safe to use.  After all, there's a lot of science behind those creamy, delicious bubbles and soothing creams!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment